carrot jalapeno soup


this soup is too yummy and too simple to not try. your fam will not believe you didn't bring this home from a chic little bistro. 

carrot-jalapeno soup
an original recipe by rachelle

4 slices bacon
6 carrots, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 jalepeno, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
5 cups water
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
heaping 1/2 cup cheddar or pepperjack cheese
1/4 cup cream

(don't waste your time chopping your veggies perfectly. they all get blended up in the end anyway. take liberty to make big ugly dices!)
saute bacon in a stockpot until crisp. add carrots, onion and jalapeno, cook for five minutes. add water, garlic, bouillon, salt and pepper. bring to a boil then simmer for 20 minutes. process in two batches in blender until smooth. pour back into stockpot and add cheese and cream.

*using 1 jalapeno (even deseeded) makes this too spicy for my 3 year old. i can use about a quarter jalapeno.
*you can sub 1/2 cup half and half or milk for the cream, and increase cheese to 2/3 cup.


1 comments:

  1. I just tried this recipe and LOVE it! I had a costco sized bag of carrots in my fridge I was wondering what to do with when I remembered some carrot jalapeno soup I had at The Painted Pony restaurant in St George. It was SO delicious so I did a google search for a recipe and your blog popped up. Thank you so much for posting this. I doubled the recipe and shared it with 2 friends and forwarded a link to your blog to them. Keep posting more recipes. I'm excited to try more.

    ReplyDelete

 

SOMEBODY STOP ME

Meet The Author